Saturday, 28 February 2009

Free Stuff, Again!: Flute Multiphonics and Non-12ET Fingerings etc



Here is a Deposit Files link an appendix from a book on flute fingering and extended techniques.

I assume that's what the book is about although I can't be sure as the appendix is all I have and I can't trace the origin of it even though I sent my people out amongst the woodwind community to try and find out (no luck.)

It seems fairly obscure and is probably out of print so I think it's fair to share it here as a PDF. If you know what book it's from and can show me it's still in print and/or perhaps you own the rights to it or something then let me know and i'll take it down (and apologise in a sheepish eyes-cast-downwards-shuffling-feet sort of a way.)

The appendix contains various fingerings, normal, trills, quarter tones (24ET), 31-tone, and loads and loads of mulitphonics (over one hundred pages infact), most requiring an open hole/french flute (which I need to get, foolishly opting for a closed hole body when I started playing flute 'properly' last year).

EDIT: Thanks to Daniel M in the comments below for alerting me to the fact that this file/link is now dead. I've uploaded it again HERE.

EDIT (22/08/2010): Thanks again to someone in the comments section for noticing the link is down again. It's back up here on Dropio..

Also a tinyurl link for twitter etc.. http://tinyurl.com/y4lfbhq

Enjoy, if that's the right word for how you'd feel about a large appendix of flute fingerings. Please let me know if this or other links are dead and I'll upload them again. Cheers, ta, etc. Ed 17/04/2010.

7 comments:

Nikola said...

It is absolutely impossible for me to say exactly how much you helped.

Nikola Pacek-Vetnic, ylvaon@gmail.com

Edward Lawes said...

No problem, glad the material was of use to you :-)

Daniel M. said...

do you think you can upload this file again? The link is currently dead. I would be so grateful if I could have it. Many thanks!

Edward Lawes said...

Daniel M: Thanks for telling me the file was down. I'll upload it again now.

Anonymous said...

Hi Edward,

Thanks for your share. IS there any chance you could re-up; Link is down.

Thanks

Edward Lawes said...

Will do later on today, thanks for letting me know the link was down.

Edward Lawes said...

It's back up now. Sorry it took a while.